Kimpton’s EPIC Gives Guests a Good Read, Plus Gives Back to Children’s Literacy Efforts
EPIC, downtown Miami’s new luxury lifestyle, boutique waterfront hotel launched a new program that provides guests with the opportunity to enjoy some of today’s modern-day epics, including the latest best-sellers and new releases, when and how they choose.
The EPIC Page Turner guest reading program will provide complimentary books, access to Sony Reader Digital Books, and the online EPIC Virtual Nightstand where guests can access book excerpts from the comfort of their own in-room desktop computer. Author visits and signing events held during EPIC’s complimentary evening wine hour are also planned.
“Today’s high-end travelers want to be able to enjoy their personal interests and passions hassle-free, without having to pack more than they need,” said Eric Jellson, area director of sales and marketing, Kimpton Hotels, EPIC. “Our guests enjoy a varied lifestyle that includes keeping up with a favorite author, literary genre, or the latest bestseller, and the EPIC Page Turner program is our way of combining our high-tech sensibility and high-touch service to provide our guests with truly epic experiences in every sense of the word.”
The EPIC Page Turner program is the result of a partnership between the hotel and Hachette Book Group, Sony Digital, and the Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe. The program offers guests the following reading experiences:
· Go digital with a Sony Reader Digital Book available on a complimentary basis to Club Level guests and those spending their day lounging at the hotel’s 16th floor pool deck. EPIC guests can now reserve Sony Reader Digital Books based on availability, which they can check-out and return daily throughout their stay. Together with its unique paper-like screen technology which reads like ink on paper, the Sony Reader Digital Book’s variable font size capabilities, portable size and long-lasting battery life make it perfectly suited for a day spent lounging poolside.
While EPIC has pre-loaded each Reader with one complimentary title, guests may request the download of additional titles to read during their stay for the cost of the eBook, plus a nominal download fee that EPIC will donate to the Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe. The Early Learning Coalition partners with many groups including Miami-Dade County Public Schools. In an effort to promote literacy and a love of reading, the Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe distributes books to thousands of children throughout Miami and the Florida Keys.
· Visit the EPIC Virtual Nightstand from your in-room desktop computer and read excerpts from a variety of best-sellers, new releases, and pre-publication titles from Hachette Book Group. Complete with book jacket art and a reader-friendly, page-turning format, the book excerpts available on the EPIC Virtual Nightstand will be updated regularly with new titles. The EPIC Virtual Nightstand is available via the hotel’s website (www.epichotel.com), allowing guests to visit as often as they like either during their stay, or after they have gone home.
· Curl up with a good book. EPIC is providing a complimentary book from Hachette Book Group as a turn-down amenity to all guests, with new titles featured each month (or while supplies last). Each book will come with a personal note from the author. The first title kicking off the program is B as in Beauty, by Alberto Ferreras, which tells the story of Beauty María Zavala, who has always been uncomfortable in her own skin, until a modern-day fairy godmother offers her an enticing, if unorthodox, makeover.
· And for the kids… EPIC is supporting the Early Learning Coalition’s child literacy efforts by providing kids (up to eight years old) with developmentally appropriate books. At check-in, kids will have the opportunity to receive a book, so they and their parents can participate in some relaxing “family reading time” during their stay.
· Meet the authors during a “special edition” series of EPIC’s daily wine hour program. Guests will be able to mix, mingle and get up close and personal with a variety of different authors, who will conduct readings and signings with guests during EPIC’s complimentary wine hour program. First up, will be B as in Beauty author, Alberto Ferreras, who is scheduled to visit at the end of August.
Managed by Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, EPIC offers 411 spacious rooms and suites artfully designed with custom furnishings and fine fabrics, and all feature private balconies that provide views of the city and bay. Rooms offer a wide range of amenities to provide a relaxing and indulgent experience, including fine Italian linens with luxurious triple sheeting and throw blankets, LCD flat screen televisions, iPod docking stations, and spa-inspired luxury bath amenities. Other hotel offerings include Area 31 restaurant, offering premium seafood with a Mediterranean influence; and complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel and in every guest room for Kimpton InTouch Members.
EPIC is located at 270 Biscayne Blvd Way. For more information or reservations, please call (866) 760-3742 or (305) 424-5226 or visit EPIC HOTEL.